When the new MagicBand+ came out, I bought a handful of them to use during our upcoming trips. Shortly after getting them all setup and linked to our accounts, I noticed my Partners MagicBand+ wouldn’t connect to my phone anymore. It was linked in my account, it would appear in my MDE app, however it wouldn’t ever show as connected, and it wouldn’t react to anything in the parks short of just scanning in for rides and park entrances. Following a bunch of troubleshooting, I found a fix that has worked every time this issue has occurred.
Since then we’ve expanded our MagicBand+ collection pretty heavily, and have went through our fair share of MagicBand+ connection issues and problems – and our little guide below has helped us every single time. So we hope it helps you out!
Here is how we fix MagicBand+ pairing & connection problems:
- Factory reset your MagicBand+. You can factory reset the band with a single press of the button on the back, followed quickly by holding down on the button on the back of the band for 15 seconds. You should feel a single buzz, then a triple buzz. Let go when you feel the triple buzz and your MagicBand+ should start glowing a rainbow of colors. This indicates that it is now resetting. The lights will turn off and then light up green once to confirm the factory reset has finished.
- This next bit is one of the most important steps that people often skip over. Go into your bluetooth connections list on your phone, and find the MagicBand+. It will have a name like MagicBand+ A12B – there the last 4 characters will match the last 4 of the ID number stamped on the back of your MagicBand+. Forget this connection. If you have never paired these bands with this device – you can skip this step. However if you have paired this MagicBand+ with this device before – you’ll NEED to complete this step before you can continue.
- Restart your phone.
- When your phone powers back on. Press and hold the button on the back of the MagicBand+ for 3-4 seconds until the blue led’s come on signaling it is in pairing mode.
- Open MDE, go into the MagicBand+ section, and the button that usually says RECONNECT for your MagicBand+ will now say PAIR. Click PAIR and it should connect and be functioning within seconds.
- If for some reason the button still says RECONNECT instead of PAIR – delete the MDE app and reinstall it. This will clear the cache and your button should now update to say PAIR.
I hope this helps someone out! Most of the steps I found online when doing my troubleshooting focused solely on letting the device try to reconnect constantly – which tends to fail. Re-pairing it is what does the trick though!
Need Help Planning Your Disney World Trip?
There’s so much to think about when planning a Walt Disney World vacation, but we’re here to make that process as simple as possible. Our team is available to answer all your questions about booking your next Disney vacation or to find the perfect resort for you and your family. Contact us today for more information about working with our team on your upcoming Disney trip. We can’t wait for you to go to Walt Disney World and experience the magic of the resort for yourself.